In these Conditions, the following definitions apply:
- Business Day means a day (other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday) when banks in Scotland are open for business.
- Charges means the charges payable by the Customer for the supply of Services as detailed in the Customer Work Order and in accordance with clause 9.
- Contract means the Customer Work Order together with these Terms which forms the contract between the Supplier and the Customer for the supply of Goods and/or Services.
- Customer means the person or firm who purchases Services from the Supplier, as more particularly described in the Customer Work Order.
- Customer Work Order means the customer's order for supply of Goods and/or Services as entered into by the Customer and Supplier to which these Terms are attached.
- Deliverables means any goods or other deliverables as set out in the Customer Work Order.
- Delivery Location means the delivery address as set out in the Customer Work Order.
- Goods mean the goods (or any part of them) as set out in the Customer Work Order.
- Goods Specification means any specification of the Goods as more particularly described in the Customer Work Order, including any relevant plans, drawing or measurements that are agreed by the Customer and the Supplier.
- Intellectual Property Rights means patents, rights to inventions, copyright and related rights, trade marks, business names and domain names, rights in get-up, goodwill and the right to sue for passing off, rights in designs, database rights, rights to use, and protect the confidentiality of, confidential information (including know-how), and all other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications and rights to apply for and be granted, renewals or extensions of, and rights to claim priority from, such rights and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection which subsist or will subsist now or in the future in any part of the world.
- Order means the Customer's order for the supply of Goods and/or Services, as set out in the Customer Work Order
- Services means the services, including the deliverables, supplied by the Supplier to the Customer as set out in Part 1 of the Schedule to the Customer Work Order
- Supplier Materials has the meaning as set out in clause 8.1.7
- Terms means these terms and conditions as amended from time to time in accordance with clause 17.7.
In these Conditions, the following rules apply:
1.2.1 A person includes a natural person, corporate or unincorporated body (whether or not having separate legal personality);
1.2.2 A reference to a party includes its personal representatives, successors or permitted assigns;
1.2.3 A reference to a statute or statutory provision is a reference to such statute or statutory provision as amended or re-enacted. A reference to a statute or statutory provision includes any subordinate legislation made under that statute or statutory provision, as amended or re-enacted;
1.2.4 Any phrase introduced by the terms including, include, in particular or any similar expression, shall be construed as illustrative and shall not limit the sense of the words preceding those terms; and
1.2.5 A reference to writing or written includes faxes and e-mails.